“This day I will marry my friend; the one I laugh with, live for, dream with, love.” These were the words printed on our wedding invitations, unity candle, and reception cocktail napkins fifteen years ago tomorrow. September 28th, 1997 was a sunny fall Sunday; I was just shy of 19, he was just over 21, and we became husband and wife.
He’s all I’ve ever known. I was just 14 years old when he first held my hand and captured my heart, and he still holds both. He’s my sweetest comfort and my greatest joy, my best friend and my only lover, my soft place and my steadfast rock, my daughter’s father and my life’s favorite everything.
“…the bravest love is wildly faithful and it falls hard again every morning…the happily married have eyes that look long enough to make the familiar new.
…my head’s full of how we’ve known each other and how he still is mystery and how the want is still all his. We sleep in matrimony and it is holy.”*
My Thanksgiving List, 9/27/12
231. That he made me his 15 years ago
228. The having and the holding 😉
226. Homemade chicken noodle soup on a rainy evening
224. The energy in a great workout
221.That in this house, we do love
229. Raiding the pantry together to come up with fun, goofy suppers
232. The way he makes me laugh until I cry
213. Spring’s buds of life in my heart even as the world goes into fall’s hibernation
230. Butterflies in my tummy when I wake and feel his legs wrapped around mine
231. His smile. His character. His body. His heart. His long fingers. His spirit. His hazel eyes. Him.
Please tell me, what blessings have you unwrapped this week?