I could not have asked for a sweeter celebration of the birth of Redeeming Love. Our little haven-home was filled with the happy, noisy sounds of laughter, music, and toddler toys, the floors were strewn with paper and ribbons that were pulled off of boxes and bags of love and blessings, our tummies were full of delicious, homemade holiday goodies, and our hearts were filled with wonder and gratitude.
And then Christmas was over. The floors were still messy and the tummies growled once again, but our hearts remained full. God with us didn’t leave. And as we look forward to the beginning of 2013, no eye has seen or ear heard or mind conceived what the Creator of Love and Joy has prepared and appointed for those who are lovers of Him.
“These words have been applied to the state of glory in a future world; but they certainly belong to the present state, and express merely the wondrous light, life, and liberty which the Gospel communicates to them that believe in the Lord Jesus Christ in that way which the Gospel itself requires. Such a scheme of salvation, in which God’s glory and man’s felicity should be equally secured…[no] mind but that of God [could] have conceived the idea of so vast a project, nor could any power but his own have brought it to effect.” Clarke’s Commentary
This is the promise of God with us: a blessed assurance of right standing with God and the accompanying joy that is prepared for those that are lovers and followers of Christ. May you have a happy New Year, friends, one that is filled with the unimaginable blessings of good and faithful God.
My Thanksgiving List 12/27/12
651. Colorado sunsets
660. Unexpected blessings and lots of love piled under our tree
664. Celebrating old traditions, beginning new traditions
676. Having my husband home on vacation for a week and a half!
665. The joy of Christmas morning
672. Watching a child play in the snow on a white Christmas
674. The feeling of safety when I’m wrapped in the arms of my husband
678. Excitement over the coming year
673. Lying beneath the tree, talking and snuggling with my child
Please tell me, what gifts have you unwrapped this week?