In our little haven-home, the Christmas season officially begins the day after Thanksgiving. Well, I fudge a little and listen to Christmas music a bit before Thanksgiving, but I make sure it’s only when my husband isn’t home.
But Christmas time is truly here despite my early transgressions, and I am ready. It has been an odd, often painful year, and my heart, my mind is yearning to celebrate my Lord’s birth. This year,
“I don’t want a Christmas you can buy.
I don’t want a Christmas you can make.
What I want is a Christmas you can hold.
A Christmas that holds me, remakes me, revives me.
I want a Christmas that whispers – Jesus.
I want a Christmas that lives and moves in Jesus Christ.
I want for the God in the manger who makes Himself bread…
For the Savior in swaddlings who makes Himself our robe of righteousness.
For the Christ who makes precisely what none of us can – Christmas.
It is only Christ alone who can make Christmas.” ~ Ann Voskamp
My Thanksgiving List 11/29/12
548. Hugs from my sweet baby girl when I’m on stress overload
550. A divine sense of peace that surpasses understanding, even in the midst of chaos
553. It’s Christmas time!
554. Calmly, gracefully working together through the night to lower Peanut’s high fever
561. A new vacuum and clean floors
518. A golden wedding band on my handsome man
567. A fabulous pedicure with my mom-in-law
565. Meeting “friends” over drinks that we’ve never met before
570. Watching Peanut and my mom-in-law play
569. Having my husband on vacation and home a lot
563. Extra time
571. Going through boxes of hand-me-downs and finding “new” clothes for Shelby
Please tell me, what gifts have you unwrapped this week?