I remember reading a story once about a young woman with smooth, beautiful hands who was chosen to be a ring model. Stunning diamonds were placed on her long, slender fingers. Her hand was then placed just above a black velvet cloth, and she was instructed to tilt her hand toward a light. Only when placed against darkness with a light above did the diamond shine and reveal its true color and clarity.
The presidential election was held this past Tuesday, and President Obama secured his second term. The end of every presidential election brings uncertainty and concern among those who voted for an outcome they didn’t receive. But this election carries with it the possibility of unprecedented change to the American way of life, debt and deficits of epic proportions, and further degradation of the sanctity of human life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
It may feel as though this time is shrouded in darkness, but when we tilt toward the Light of the world, we reflect Him, and shine. His grace is sufficient for us, and His strength is made perfect in weakness (2 Corinthians 12:9). We can choose to reflect Christ’s grace and strength, and let our light shine in the darkness before men, so that they will see our good works and praise God (Matt. 5:16). As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord (Joshua 24:15), and I will let this little light of mine shine. I will not hide it, I will not let it be snuffed out, I will let it shine, shine, shine!
My Thanksgiving List 11/8/12
467. Bathtime ducks, fish, crab, and octopus that make Peanut happy
470. Hoop earrings
462. Breakfast of Champions: toast, peanut butter, honey, & banana
483. A new cellphone that I don’t have to scream into to be heard!
481. Sunflowers in my kitchen
482. A curling iron
480. Peanut’s sparkling hazel eyes
452. Two cooks living together in one household in peace, harmony, and joy 🙂
486. That my husband can flip fully loaded omelets in the air & make our daughter giggle
398. A squeaky clean, sparkly white bathtub
487. Peanut finally & clearly recognizes and says, “Jeep!”
477. Getting to church on time
483. The right, honor, & privilege of voting
Please tell me, what gifts have you unwrapped this week?