But many of the pictures taken through the years could use a little sprucing up. Some never were rotated to their correct position, some need cropped, some need the lighting changed. So for the past two weeks (and counting) I have stolen spare moments to crop, tip, brighten, back-light, re-size, and rotate several year’s worth of digital photographs.
Many memories are bittersweet, bringing tears and half-smiles. Some are downright hilarious, bringing fits of laughter. All are precious. People I miss and animals I don’t, Christmas lights and fireworks, ships and trains, anniversaries and birthdays, dirty dishes and dirty faces, tight places and wide-open spaces, road trips and Jeep trips, Rocky mountains and Iowa farms, kids and sunsets, pain and joy and life and love.
I’ve snotted, snorted, giggled, sniffled, belly laughed, and bawled my way through abundant gifts given, and I’ve counted the ways the Giver loves me. “Give thanks to the LORD for He is good. His faithful love endures forever.” Psalm 136:1.
My Thanksgiving List 10/25/12
372. Flannel sheets and electric bed blankets
397. Toys that I love just as much as Peanut does!
392. Dancing with my daughter as she leads me in what seems to be a cross between the Cha Cha and Paso Doble
402. The first eggnog of the season
403. Seasonal candles
406. Honeycrisp apples
416. The warmth of our wood stove
420. New growth in old relationships
424. Though I know not what my future holds, I know Who holds my future
437. Toddlers in backward baseball caps and blue jeans
430. New week, new start, new possibilities
428. Husband-made Chick-Fil-A sandwich replicas and waffle fries on a Sunday
436. Restaurant ribbon cuttings that include free meals
434. The excitement of new possibilities
415. Jehovah Jireh, My Provider
Please tell me, what gifts have you unwrapped this week? Do you ever sit and look through old photographs?