“If you learn to worship while the enemy sits across from you at the same table; if you can learn to pay such close attention to the King that you forget about the enemy staring you in the face…then you win.” Tommy Tenney, Finding Favor With the King
The imagery of Psalm 23:5 is precious, peaceful, worshipful, and altogether different than seems natural in the presence of enemies. Our loving gaze, exclusively on our King; our King’s power, protection, deep affection, and bountiful blessing exclusively on us…all in the presence of our enemy. What a picture!
Worship, praise, and thanksgiving are strong and effective weapons in our spiritual arsenal, because we have his power flowing through us as he inhabits our praises. When we bow in the presence of our King, give Him glory, and shout that He alone reigns, the powers of darkness tremble. Why? Because the powers of darkness can’t drown out one single word in the song of the redeemed!!*
And I can testify to this truth. This week, I have sat at the table prepared for me in the presence of the enemy of my soul, with my eyes fixed on my King. And power has coursed, pleasure has flowed, security has flooded, and no fear has been in his presence. This week, I have feasted with the King. He has prepared a table for me, I have prepared my heart for him.
“He will break bread and I will take and the world is His feast! and He is love! and nothing will keep my hand from filling with His.”*
My Thanksgiving List 10/4/12
222. The table prepared for me in the presence of my enemy
223. Being so immersed in the face of the King that I see nothing else
225. Watermelon strawberry smoothies
242. A fun and memorable wedding anniversary
355. Broncos win against the Raiders 37-6 (Hey, all is grace, right?!)
244. The joy of cooking
362. Sharing a PB&J with my little Peanut
363. That God is always good and we are always loved, even when it all seems to fall apart
367. Training up a child
Please tell me, what gifts have you unwrapped this week?
*One Thousand Gifts pg 221