When I began keeping a Thanksgiving journal, it was important to me to not just fill a journal, but to see God’s love in all I filled it with. Again, when I began sharing Thanksgiving Thursday’s, I wanted to always remember that all is grace, not just words to fill a blog post.
I had this on my mind the other evening as I was writing a few abstract thoughts down in my Pages of Motherhood journal. I was sitting on the couch, one leg curled underneath me, my favorite pen in hand, and a glass of Chardonnay gently tucked under a fold of the couch to hold it in place.
Then I heard it. A wonderfully familiar sound. I reached for my Thankfulness journal and scribbled # 150, The sound of the cottage cheese bucket being opened.
I smiled. Yes, all is grace. Not just words to fill pages or blogs, but sweet grace, daily blessings. My husband sat down next to me and handed me our usual late night snack: 2% small curd cottage cheese.
It’s odd how one bucket of cottage cheese can differ from another of the same milk fat and curd size, but the best ones have just that right amount of creaminess and just the right texture and flavor. This particular one, the one that became #150, was perfect. All. Is. Grace.
My Thanksgiving List 9/6/12
108. Neck rubs
124. Funnel cakes
125. An evening with good friends
138. Half-priced Crave Real Burgers!
126. Surprising my husband with Broncos/Raiders tickets!
131. Ordering and receiving old, well-loved TV shows on DVD
133. Using Pinterest recipes
136. Breakfast of cinnamon raisin french toast, made by my husband, while Peanut is still asleep, and I write
137. The last of our new windows installed
142. That my husband brings me coffee when I work in the church nursery
147. Being spared from a black widow bite even though I blindly reached into her space and drug her out
152. Finding the missing DVD remote!
150. The sound of the cottage cheese bucket being opened
Please tell me, what blessings have you received this week?